Frequently Asked Questions
Multiple Effective Tools to Promote Your Online Presence
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is OnToplist.com?
- OnToplist.com is an online marketing platform designed to promote online presence by submitting to directories, writing articles, auto-publishing to Facebook and Twitter, seeding links, and providing other SEO services.
- What are benefits of joining?
When you join OnToplist.com, you get significant online exposure with valuable links embedded in sites focused on related subjects.
- Solid SEO with dofollow links (no "nofollow" tag)
- Up to 3 links for each article
- your blog posts appear on OnToplist's feed widgets posted on other blogs, so people reading other blogs can find yours
- An RSS feed is published daily for your followers and fans
In addition, your websites and blogs get listed in a directory edited by real humans. Within the directory, websites and blogs are listed by category to make it easier for readers to search for and find your posts. We make sure your site is linked to and sorted by relevant content that will attract search engines for higher search ranking.
- What is an authority score?
There are two types of authority scores.
A blog or website authority score measures the importance of your listing on the web from 0-100. This helps determine your website's position in our directories. Authority score is determined by analyzing content for relevance, keyword ratio, and overall cohesion.
User authority score depends on the number and quality of blogs, web pages, and articles contributed to ontoplist.com and ranks users from 0-100.
- What is a toplist ranking?
Ontoplist.com ranks sites by their position in the list of websites that address the same topic. For example, in the category of "Martial Arts," here is the toplist rank listing page.
Rankings are determined by the completeness of the page, including URL, page title, and the ability to draw and interact with other bloggers in the same category.
- Why can't I claim my listing?
- Make sure that our badge or widget is on the same page you added to the directory. Free submissions may be removed by the admin without any notice at any time if they are not good quality.
Due to the large number of submissions and to prevent spam listings, you are required to either
- put OnToplist's badge on your site, or
- make a Paypal payment.
Please note that complying with this requirement does not guarantee directory inclusion. Each submission is reviewed by our editorial staff and only valuable* listings will be added to our directory. Paid submissions are reviewed much faster
and the paid submission fee is non-refundable.
* must comply with Google Adsense Content Policy Guidelines
- How are listings ranked?
- Listings are ranked by the authority score (see previous answer).
- Why can't I see my site analytics?
- In order to see your site analytics, you must have a graphical badge. With a badge, you can check your site analytics on a daily or monthly basis, by country, by browser, etc. Here's an example of a toplist website analytics page.
- What is a featured listing and how much does it cost?
- There are three types of featured listings: Main page, directory page, and category page. Featured listings improve SEO and add "dofollow" links. Here are the details: ontoplist.com featured listing pricing and signup.
- How can I get my feed published?
- Fill in the "Feed URL" field on the blog/website submission form and make sure the feed is valid. Feeds are published automatically and checked for new entries every 24 hours. Here's an example of a published feed, the Rainbow Power Company Solar News.
- Why should I publish articles at ontoplist.com?
- Each article generates up to three links and builds your online credibility. In addition, articles attract traffic and increase buzz, which in turn builds your audience and raises your online profile.
- I have submitted an article and it was removed. Why?
- Each article must comply with Google Adsense Content Policy Guidelines. Articles that violate Google Adsense guidelines are removed.
© 2006-2014 OnToplist.com, All Rights Reserved