Wonderful Wednesday - Take a Chance - Write an E-book
Posted on Nov 21 2012 at 09:39:52 AM in Literature
Wonderful Wednesday - it is wonderful to take a chance and write an e-book.
Each Wonderful Wednesday throughout the month of November has been devoted to taking a chance and starting something new. The first Wednesday was about taking a chance and starting a business, last week was about taking a chance and starting a blog. Next week the final Wonderful Wednesday will deal with the issue of taking a chance and starting something new. This week is about taking a chance and writing an e-book.
photo credit: edvvc via photopin cc wonderful Wednesday, write, e-book, research, prepare, move
As I blog and met more and more people I come across more people who talk about moving from writing a blog to publishing an e-book. More often than not, they talk about writing the e-book as if they are dreaming the impossible dream.It amazes me that no matter how successful their blogging activities are, they scared to go the extra mile and write the book. But, I am a superwoman and I believe in dreaming the impossible dream. When my husband tried to teach me to play pool, I said, it's simple, "You put the ball in the hole." That attitude of breaking a complex scary thing down to its simplest components has served me well all my life. I apply that same idea to the idea of writing an e-book. If you want to write an e-book, publish it and sell it, you can do it and start today. As with most things, the fist step is preparation:
1. Pick the topic you are going to write about
2. Research the topic to be sure you understand it well enough to share it with others
3, Draft an outline for your book
4. Write your book
5. Proofread your book
6. Use software to turn your word processed draft of a book into e-book format. There are many free programs like Nitro PDF that have an e-book converter built into it. Amazon's Kindle website gives free and detailed instruction on how to make your book an e-book.
7. Shop around or an e-book publisher or go to Amazon's Kindle website for detailed instruction on how to create an e-book to be published on the Kindle platform to self publish the book.
8. Start using all your contacts virtual and real world in order to publicize your book.
9. Breathe a sigh of relief and be happy at your dream accomplished.
Admittedly, this is a simple explanation on the process involved. People who are serious about writing an e-book will see these instructions and feel motivated because they recognize this as something they can accomplish. People who are not serious will look at these same instructions say they are too simple and go back to dreaming about writing an e-book but never actually do it. Writing an e-book, like so many other endeavors is a thing that requires you to just get up and do it. As the cool people say, don't talk about it, be about it. If you ever dreamed of writing an e-book, it can be done and you can do it, if you just do it. So the question for you this Wonderful Wednesday is, when are you going to let the e-book that is inside you out?