Warhammer 40K – Leman Russ Conqueror Vraks Tank Free Paper Model
Posted on Jan 8 2013 at 09:54:17 PM in Visual Arts
This paper models is a Leman Russ Conqueror Vraks Tank, based on the game Warhammer 40K, the papercraft was created by Patoroch. For more infomation of Leman Russ Tank click on: Leman Russ Tank;
The Leman Russ Conqueror is a variant of the Imperial Guard’s primary main battle tank, the Leman Russ. The Leman Russ is named after the Primarch of the Space Wolves Space Marines Chapter, Leman Russ, and is one of the most common armoured vehicles used by the Imperium of Man. The Leman Russ Conqueror variant differs from the standard pattern Leman Russ in that its main weapon is a Conqueror Cannon, as opposed to the Battle Cannon. The Leman Russ tank has many variants, and the Conqueror is one of the most uncommon, as the Standard Template Construct (STC) designs used in its construction were only recently rediscovered by the Adeptus Mechanicus. Although the Leman Russ Conqueror is relatively new to the Imperium’s arsenal, it has already proven itself as a capable line-breaker tank, used to penetrate and surround the formations of enemy armour.
The Standard Template Construct designs for the Leman Russ Conqueror were rediscovered on the Forge World of Gryphonne IV sometime during the 38th Millennium. When the designs were originally found many within the ranks of the Adeptus Mechanicus feared that the Conqueror Cannon’s smaller size would result in a loss of firepower and poor battlefield performance when compared to the standard Leman Russ’ Battle Cannon, but these fears were laid to rest during the weapon’s field testing. The weapon was shown to have greatly reduced recoil due to the gun’s torsion bar counter-balance mechanisms, and this provided the new tank design greater accuracy when firing on the move. The weapon’s smaller size also gave the vehicle greater mobility, and allowed its loaders to keep up a high rate of fire. The weapon’s use of smaller shells allowed the Conqueror to carry more ammunition and thus made it less reliant on re-supply during operations. The space saved in the turret also allowed for the use of a co-axial Storm Bolter. The Conqueror is one of only two Leman Russ variants that makes use of a co-axial weapon, the other being the Leman Russ Vanquisher. The turret also has additional armour plating on the forward side, improved air-intake valves and vents, and a rear hatch that can be used to quickly re-arm the tank and also to dispose of spent shell casings without a crew member having to leave its armoured interior.
The Leman Russ Conqueror’s main weapon, the Conqueror Cannon, is a smaller and less powerful version of the Battle Cannon used on the baseline Leman Russ, but the reduced size and firepower allow the tank to move while firing and maintain a higher rate of fire. The Conqueror is also one of only two Leman Russ tank variants that have a co-axial weapon mounted on the tank’s turret, the other being the Leman Russ Vanquisher. The Conqueror, like all Leman Russ variants, can be equipped with two sponson mounts, one on each side. The most common configuration for the sponson-mount is 2 Heavy Bolters or 2 Heavy Flamers. Leman Russ tanks that are a part of an unusually well-equipped armoured regiment sometimes have 2 Multi-Meltas or 2 Plasma Cannons as their sponson weapons. The tank can also be equipped with camouflage netting, extra armour plating, a Hunter-Killer Missile Launcher, improved communications equipment, a mine sweeper, a pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber or Storm Bolter, track guards, rough terrain modifications, a dozer blade, and smoke launchers. All Leman Russ Conqueror tanks are equipped with searchlights mounted on top of the turret which are used to illuminate enemies and are also used for nighttime communications in case of a Vox failure.Notable Users of the Leman Russ Conqueror
- Imperial Guard – The Leman Russ Conqueror is used as a “breakthrough” tank by the Imperial Guard, and is used by many Imperial armoured regiments and companies that receive their vehicles from Gryphonne IV.
- Planetary Defence Forces – The Leman Russ Conqueror is used by several Planetary Defence Forces stationed on Imperial worlds near Gryphonne IV.
- The Lost and the Damned – The Lost and the Damned is the name collectively given to the multitude of beings that have turned to Chaos over the millennia, the vast majority of whom are the ordinary mortals who fight for Chaos. They are not a single coherent force, but rather a diverse and infinite collection of war-bands and hosts under the leadership of Chaos Champions. These forces take their weapons and vehicles with them, and as many of them were former members of the Imperial Guard or Planetary Defence Forces, they make use of an unknown number of Leman Russ Conqueror tanks.
- 74th Cadian Armoured Regiment – Fought during the defence of Hamman’s World against the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Kraken
- 27th Konig Armoured Regiment – Part of the Caleb Reclamation Forces
- 8th Palladius Armoured Regiment – Fought during the Atria Wilderness Campaign
- 66th Arcadian Armoured Regiment - Part of the Toal III Invasion Force
- 11th Mortant Armoured Regiment – Fought on the world of Hellion V
- Armageddon Steel Legion - Fought during the Third War for Armageddon
- 3rd Tallarn Armoured Regiment - Fought in the defence of Balle Alpha, and during the Taros Campaign
- 12th Tallarn Armoured Regiment – Fought against the Tau during the Taros Campaign
- Vraksian Traitor Militia – The Vraksian Traitor Militia fought against Imperial forces during the Siege of Vraks
- Death Korps of Krieg – The Death Korps of Krieg fought against Traitor forces during the Siege of Vraks
- 28th Valhallan Armoured Regiment
- 21st Death Korps of Krieg Panzer Division
- 5th Blitzen Heavy Armoured Regiment
- 8th Pardus Armoured Regiment
You can download the paper craft model here: Warhammer 40K – Leman Russ Conqueror Vraks Tank Free Paper Model Download
For more Warhammer 40K paper models please visit the topic here: Warhammer 40K Free Paper Models Collection Topic