Tips for Spring Cleaning your Closet
Posted on Nov 11 2011 at 05:38:54 AM in House & Garden
Everybody loves their clothes. They are supposed to give us a good look, so you should treat them well. Here are some tips to help you organize your closet:
- Do not pull everything out of the closet, because sometimes you do not have time to organize everything at one time and all you do is put the clothes back in in an even worse position.
- Another ting you can do is to group your clothes. You can organize them in one area as you like: by colour by season, etc. it really helps when you can't decide what to wear and it saves time.
- Buy a hanger for belts, ties and purses. Do not loose any space for keeping your belts on shelves.
- A very important thing is to clean all your shelves and drawers before using them again. Cleaners Coldharbour suggest you use a cloth with any antibacterial product you have.
- If you are short on space, you should look around for any places in your house that are empty like extra cupboards or drawers. They might give you some extra space.
- An idea for making extra space is to put post it notes on your clothes that are on hangers and when you wear it you remove the note. In this way at the end of the season you will see what you need and what you don't. The clothes you do not need you may consider donating because other people do need them.
- A very nice thing to do is to dry-clean your jackets before you put them back in. Cleaners Coldharbour offer some very decent dry-cleaning which I think you will like.
- Keep your small accessories in boxes (shoeboxes are a good idea) and you can cut out a picture from a magazine of what the box contains and tape it on the box. That way your small stuff wil be organized and it will look good.
- A really space saving miracle are the “space bags”- plastic bags in which you put your winter clothes and then you suck the air out of them. You can put them wherever you like because your clothes are save inside.
So you see it is not hard to put order in your closet. All you need is a little free time and you should always be in a good mood when doing it, otherwise you will probably have to repeat it again.