Spam - mass e-mail distribution
Posted on Feb 20 2013 at 07:32:59 AM in Security
Spam is the anonymous not requested mass mailings of e-mail which comes to you every day by mail.
It implies mass mailing advertisements huge number of recipients. Typically, such a letter you will offer increase opredelnnye body parts or buy other equally valuable opportunities and "artifacts." However, spam is a fairly serious problem, not only because it clogs the mail traffic unnecessarily, because it can be used for mass mailing trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, etc. And it could have been far-reaching, as a threat to many people and companies.
What to do?
- Set the spam filter in your email client;
- Do not open or respond to letters from spammers, just delete them;
- Turn off the preview pane of letters, and set in a plain text format as read by default;
- Do not open links that come to you on ICQ, especially from people who are not in your contact list;
- Regularly install updates to the operating system and other programs.
For get more information visit: http://malwarelist.net/2013/02/20/spam-and-phishing-be-careful/