Smart Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Posted on Jan 16 2012 at 03:06:54 AM in How-To
Here are some cleaning tips and tricks that will be very useful for you, when you begin to clean or organise your home:
- Scratches on wood surfaces – cleaners North Cheam suggest you find a coloured pencil with the same colour like the wood surface. Then simply fill in the scratch.
- Marks on walls, tables and other furniture – just use diaper wipes. Strange, but they work really well.
- Build ups on glass baking dishes – first soak them in a soapy water and then take a spoon and scrub the build ups off.
- For artificial silk flowers – just spray them with hair spray. This will keep them shiny and looking new. If they get dusty, blow the dust away with your hair dryer.
- If your dog is chewing on your couch cushions, pour a bit of lemon juice on them, dogs do not like lemons or any citrus fruits.
- To remove the bleach smell from your hands, pour some vinegar or lemon juice over them and then rinse. This works because lemon juice or vinegar are acid and bleach is alkaline, so they cancel each other out and and balance the pH of your skin.
- If you want your room to smell nice, just spray a little of your favourite fragrance on a light bulb and when you turn the lights on the heat will spread the smell. Make sure that when you do this, the bulb is cold.
- To keep your socks together while you wash or dry them, just use safety pins. Cleaners North Cheam advise you to pin the toes of the socks together, so that you save time after the laundering.
- The best way to save money and cleaning materials is to use a simple cleaning solution - very hot water and a squirt of a good liquid dish washing detergent. The best results are accomplished when you use window cloths. You can use this for cleaning windows, mirrors, tiles marble furniture, car windows and many other stuff. The water should be as hot as possible so you should use rubber gloves, so that you can wring out as much of the water as you can.