Marathon Cleaning Day
Posted on Jun 6 2011 at 08:03:38 AM in How-To
Everyone knows that regular cleaning is essential for keeping your home in good shape. But sometimes, it just happen, you miss a few days of cleaning and you suddenly find yourself in the middle of the huge mess your home has become. The situation gets even more stressful if a friend calls to say that he is coming over tomorrow. In this situation, you definitely need to get a marathon cleaning day. This means to clean the entire house in just one day.
• Schedule the day as you would a vacation day, turn off the phone, turn on the radio and do not allow any distractions to keep you from reaching your goal
• Buy all the cleaning products you will need and organize them. Bromley Cleaners advise to combine marathon cleaning with green cleaning. As you probably know, green cleaning involves using natural products only and making your own home-made cleaning solutions. They are not only cheap and effective, but are also safe to use. Unlike commercial cleaning products, they don’t contain any harmful chemicals and are therefore safe for your health and for the environment.
• Plan the cleaning process. Make a cleaning check-list by listing all the cleaning tasks. Then arrange them, putting the most important ones at the beginning of the list. Break big tasks into smaller ones and start the work.
• Do not try doing everything yourself. Assign different tasks to all the family members. You could also ask some of your friends to give you a hand. Cleaning does not have to be a stressful and unpleasant job. As a matter of fact, it could be a very good opportunity to spend some time with your family, have fun, and of course help your children develop cleaning habits.
• Once you have cleaned your home completely, you should start cleaning it regularly. Only 10 minutes a day will help you keep your house clean and organized.
• Do not forget the carpets. Carpet cleaning Bromley will help you with them.
Remember that if you clean your house on a regular basis, you won't have to do the “marathon” cleaning. Prevention is always the best solution.