How to Remove Tea Stains from Carpets
Posted on Jan 20 2012 at 03:20:18 PM in House & Garden
There is almost no chance to avoid having stains on your carpets. This is normal and you don't need to panic at all! Here are some handful and useful hints on how to remove tea stains from your carpets. Read carefully the article below and act as quickly as possible for best results.
As cleaners Uxbridge suggest, tea stains come out easily when they are new ones. So, if you have just spilled you tea on your new and good looking carpet, hurry up and clean it right at the moment!
- Quickly take some paper towels or white cloths and blot the stain with them only with pressure down motions. Never use too much pressure or rub, because this will make the stain to set deeper in the fibers of the carpet and it may become permanent;
- Proceed blotting the stain and replace the towels or the papers until most of the tea stain is cleaned;
- Prepare a mixture of ½ cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of warm water and fill it in a clean spray bottle;
- Spray from the mixture directly onto the tea stain;
- Take another clean white cloths or paper towels and now start blotting the mixture from the stain. Repeat doing this until there is no more from the mixture on the towels;
- In case there is a remaining stain after the cleaning of the vinegar, cleaners Uxbridge advise you to prepare another cleaning solution that consists of 1 tablespoon dish detergent and 1 cup of warm water. Add this solution onto the stain and again start blotting it;
- When it is all removed, rinse the stained area of the carpet with clean water and allow it to dry for an hour;
- After an hour your carpet is clean again and there are no tea stains on it!
Sometimes it may happen after all this to have little visible tea stain yet. In this case, you should prepare a stronger mixture that contains 1 teaspoon of peroxide and 1 cup of warm water. Fill this mixture in a spray bottle and spray it directly on the stain. Start blotting until the stain is fully disappear.