Here i will explain how you can remove those annoying advertisements fromWindows Live Messenger.
- First, you have to make sure that you have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.
- If you are not sure, get it here: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-messenger?os=other
- When you have installed the latest version of Windows Live Messengeryou have to go to this website: http://apatch.org/downloads/
- Here you download the latest A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger.
- When you have downloaded the A-Patch, extract it to your Desktop.
- IMPORTANT: Before you run A-Patch - Make SURE to close downWindows Live Messenger!
- Now go to your Desktop and run the A-Patch .exe file that you have just extracted.
- Here you choose that you want to "Patch Messenger" and then click next.
- ( It might ask you to make a backup of the "Standard" settings of Windows Live Messenger, just say OK and save that )
- Then you come to a screen where all the goodies are located!
- You can then tick off "Remove Advertisement" "Remove See More Offerings" and also things such as "Disable Nudge Delay", "Remove Featured Section", "Disable Photo/Video Sharing" and so on.
- After that you hit "Apply"
- Now you can open up your Windows Live Messenger again and all the changes you've made should be visible.
Here is a screenshot of how my Windows Live Messenger
window looks without the advertisements