Stop Wasting Time Searching For Documents!
Posted on Jun 2 2011 at 09:34:47 AM in Software
Read the following statistics, do any of these sound familiar?
- Managers spend 25% of their time looking for information,
- Over 40% of managers use incorrect information at least weekly
- Typically three individual sources are required to find information on competitors, customers, projects or other departments (source, Datamonitor 2007)
The truth is that the majority of business information and data is still held on paper, and the storage and management of that paper can often be so inefficient and lacking in control that the cost to businesses is immeasurable.
So how can businesses overcome these issues? One common way to simply manage paper documents is to install a document file and find solution, much like Documation’s iRetrieve. No longer will you need to waste time searching for information in a variety of electronic and paper files; all documents can be immediately available via your line of business system, the Internet or desktop.
The solution is based on a simple structure:
The scanning module provides a wide range of options so that it can be tailored to match your existing business processes and fits within your business. This and one click scanning minimises training requirements. A wide range of quality control options ensures excellent quality images every time.
Indexing refers to the task of inputting key information from documents into iRetrieve. This information can then be used for retrieving documents
Documation provides a high-performance storage manager designed to fulfil the rigorous demands of iRetrieve with complete data integrity and 100% document availability.
iRetrieve empowers employees by providing instant access to vital corporate documents. No longer will employees waste time searching for information in a variety of electronic and paper files.
Searching and viewing documents couldn’t be easier. Each person or role is assigned access rights to each document. This not only makes it easier to find the information that is relevant to that user but also increases security. Users have access to a variety of search facilities such as free text searching and wild cards. When the results are displayed, the users will also be able to see a full audit trail and the workflow history of each document.
Once a document is displayed the user has a range of options available that improve productivity. Not only can a document be emailed, printed or faxed directly from the screen but they can also add comments or annotations to the history that are, at once, available to any other user.
- No requirement to keep paper copies
- Instant access to corporate information
- Faster response to queries
- Can be either hosted on behalf of customer or installed at a customer site
- Option to search and retrieve directly from other business applications e.g. ERP, CRM etc.
- Print or email copy documents on demand
- Audit trails for every document access
- Secure storage meets legal and compliance requirements
- Can be supplied to suit multiple users languages within one system
To find out more about how you can use Documation iRetrieve to eliminate the time spent searching for documents and data, get in touch today. Documation provide a range of document management solutions, allowing improved management of any document and any business process.