Spray Tan Austin - Spray Tanning Do's and Don'ts
Posted on Feb 4 2012 at 10:00:08 AM in Miscellaneous
Looking gorgeous, healthy, and glowing with spray tanning can be accomplished the whole year through. Whether you want to look your best for an event or for your wedding, it is always possible to look beautiful with this procedure. The important thing is to have yourself tanned a couple of days before the occasion this is to ensure that you will not have white patches and will accomplish the tan you desire. Here then are the do’s and don’ts of spray tanning .
Do’s and Don’ts Before The Spray Tanning Session
- Make sure that you exfoliate or do not apply make-up, moisturizers, or deodorant to your face. Upon arrival at the salon, you will be asked whether you exfoliated or applied make-up during the last 24 hours.
- Do shave or remove any hair prior to the session. Likewise, rid yourself of any jewelry or bangles.
- Wear old or dark underwear, bathing suit, or bikini when using spray tan Austin. Normally, the therapist will inform you of what clothes to remove. Although this is a personal matter or if you prefer wearing your bra or an all-over tan, ask if they don’t mind if you take off your pants as well. You will be wearing disposable flip flops for the sole of your feet.
- Avoid using soap to wash yourself as they can cause mild exfoliation of your skin. At the same time, avoid using baby oil as it will stop the spray from doing its job.
Do’s and Don’ts After Spray Tanning
- Be careful when applying moisturizers as they have been proven to remove a spray tan. Choose a good moisturizing cream and lightly apply daily.
- Wear loose-fit or baggy clothing after the session. Donning the opposite can result to smudge and can damage the tan.
- Avoid tight fitting shoes and wear flip flops instead. This will help protect the top portion of your feet from streaks or mark. An alternative choice to wear is open-top shoes.
- Lightly exfoliate any signs of dry skin as the tan will slowly fade a few days after using spray tan Austin. This will ensure even fading with the other parts of the body.
- Avoid indulging in sports or activities that will result to sweating, glowing, or perspiring for a minimum of 6-8 hours after spray tanning. Sweating can damage the spray tan so it is best to give it one or two days to settle in.
- For a lasting tan, avoid swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool. The chlorine will completely remove the applied tan. Avoid long showers or baths since soap will also damage the spray tan.
- Avoid exfoliating or shaving for a minimum of 12 hours after spray tanning as doing so will also damage the spray tan. Using exfoliating facial washes or toners is also a taboo at least for 18-24 hours after the session.
- Most importantly, remove the notion that spray tanning will protect you from the sun. Spray tans do not have a UV factor and will not provide protection from sunburn. Use a high factor sun screen to protect you from the sun if you go outdoors.
- Finally, avoid having a massage after your session. Baby or massage oil will damage your tan as well.
Follow these tips and you can look forward to having a healthy and great looking skin with spray tanning.