Paleo Kale Recipes
Posted on Jan 1 2012 at 02:33:03 PM in Food & Drink
Paleo kale vegetable low fat recipes. FREE Paleo Sautéed Kale Bok Choy Recipe, Steamed Kale Recipe and Paleo Kale Soup Recipe. Enjoy Paleo Vegan Kale Recipes. Kale is an ideal vegetable in the Paleo Diet. Kale is a member of the cabbage family. Consider by some as a wild cabbage. Kale vary in color from green to purple with curly leaves. Dairy is eliminated from the Paleo Diet and kale is a good source of calcium. Additionally, kale contains vitamin C, beta carotene (antioxidants), chlorophyll, manganese, iron and potassium. Enjoy these savory Paleo Recipes.
Paleo Sautéed Kale Bok Choy Recipe
Paleo Vegetable Recipe
Bok Choy is a Chinese cabbage. Mild tasting vegetable like kale contains calcium. Like most vegetable bok choy is low in calories containing vitamins A, B complex and vitamin K. Contains minerals phosphorous, iron and manganese. Kale and Bok Choy make an ideal Paleo recipe vegetable mix both containing calcium and loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- 1 bunch kale washed and chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy washed and chopped
- 3 Mexican green onion (chive) finely chopped horizontally
- 3-4 garlic clove finely crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- Juice fresh lemon
- ½ cup vegetable broth (preservative free)
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Coat sauce pan with olive oil and bring to high heat. Add in green onions and garlic. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetable tender.
- Lastly add in kale, bok choy, and seasoning. Season to taste. Mix and simmer until kale and boy choy semi-tender. Add in vegetable broth cover pan simmer for approximately 4 minutes. Note: Simmer for less than 4 minutes for more crisp vegetables.
- When vegetable tender dash with lemon juice. Stir and Serve.
Paleo Steamed Kale Recipe
Paleo Vegetable Recipe
Serves 6 Preparation time 15 minutes
- 12 cups chopped kale
- 1 white or red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- Insert steamer into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil at high heat. Add the kale, cover, steam until vegetables are tender (approximately 7 to 10 minutes).
3. Remove and drain kale.
2. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper with kale in a large bowl. Coat kale will with dressing and serve.
Paleo Kale Soup Recipe
Paleo Soup Recipe
Pure vegetable soup recipe nothing but fresh veggies. No meat, animal fats, gluten or dairy products.
- 3 leeks roots removed and chopped
- 1 bunch kale cleaned, drained and chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms with stems
- 2 white or red onions chopped
- 4 celery stalks cut horizontally
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 pound peeled, clean and drained baby carrots
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes stem removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 5 basil leaves (fresh washed and dried)
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cut leeks, onions, celery, zucchini, tomatoes and kale in ¼ inch cubes.
- In 6-quart stockpot, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil with small amount of water.
- Add leeks, kale, onions, celery, zucchini, carrots, tomatoesm mushrooms and garlic. Sauté vegetables over medium to low heat. Simmer until vegetables semi-tender.
- Add chicken stock, basil leaves and seasoning (to taste). Bring to boil then reduce heat.
- At low heat cook for 60 minutes.
- Serves 6
Cook Paleo Style gluten free, grain free, dairy free and preservative free. Delicious, Savory Nutritious Mother Nature Recipes.
Cook Paleo Veggie Style What Is Paleo Diet