There are different dairy intolerances: lactose intolerance, milk allergy and casein allergy. Lactose intolerance is the inability of the digestive system to convert lactose to glucose. Milk allergy and Casein allergies are immune system disorders. Review Paleo Diet plant based dairy alternative foods for drinking and cooking. Delicious Paleo alternatives to dairy butters. Cow’s milk is a rich source of calcium review vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and fish rich in calcium. None of Paleo allowed food alternatives can be processed.
Lactose Intolerance: Lactose intolerance is the inability of digestive system to digest lactose. Lactose is a sugar found in milk. The enzymes in the small intestines are unable to breakdown lactose into two simpler forms of sugar forms glucose and galactose. When lactose is broken down into glucose and galactose for absorption into the blood steam. Lactose intolerance develops over time. Some do not show symptoms until early childhood or early adulthood. Lactose intolerance is less common in northern and western Europeans. It is more common in Africans, African-Americans, Native Americans and Mediterranean populations.
Milk Allergy: Milk allergy is a reaction of the immune system to one or more milk proteins. The immune system mistakenly creates antibodies to fight the milk proteins. The antibodies create chemicals in the body that can result in skin rashes, headaches, nausea and or wheezing. Lactose intolerance and cow milk allergy are not the same. Common allergy in children. Milk allergy most common in cow’s milk but some maybe intolerant to goat, buffalo, sheep and soy milk.
Casein Allergy: Casein is a primary type protein found in milk and milk derivatives. Some manufactured foods can contain casein. Casein allergy is more common in children. Casein allergy is an immune system disorder. Symptoms can be rashes, eczema and stomach cramps. More severe reaction can occur.
Many products contain casein:
- Processed and modified foods
- Bindings vitamins and medicines
- Play Dough
Read the labels and check for casein-free products.
Paleo Diet Cow’s Milk Alternatives plant based for drinking and cooking.
- Coconut Milk: Plant based from coconut. The coconut is a tropical plant called, “Monkey Face” by early Spanish explorers. The meat, milk and oils of coconut plant are edible. Plant used extensively in Paleo cooking. Has a slight vanilla, sweet and nutty taste. Use as cow’s milk alternative.
- Almond Milk: Plant based from almond nut. For cheese almond milk used as dairy replacement.
- Hazelnut: Plant based from hazel nut.
- Brazil Nut: Milk for brazil nut
- Hemp Milk:
Paleo Dairy Butter Alternatives All Plant Based:
- Coconut Butter (from coconut plant)
- Almond Butter (from almond nut)
- Pecan Butter (from pecan nut)
Dairy Products are a good source of calcium. Paleo diet provides foods rich in calcium:
- Green Vegetables: Dandelion greens, mustard greens, collard greens, kale, turnip greens, spinach, broccoli and artichokes.
- Fruits: Oranges, Papaya, Dates, Figs, Prunes and Raisins
- Nuts and Seeds: Walnuts, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Cashews, Chestnuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds and etc.
- Fish: Canned salmon and sardines
Paleo diet dairy, casein, grain, soy and preservative free recipes. Mother Nature diet that provides natural plant based foods to replace nutrients provides in dairy products. Take Control of Your Health The Paleo Diet.
Disclaimer: All medical information needs to be carefully reviewed with your health care provider. Always check your physician before making any changes to your daily habits.
Paleo Dairy Free Diet Paleo Diet Recipes Dairy Free Paleo What Is Paleo Diet?