Cavemen ate their wild game and eggs raw. FREE Paleo diet tasty and nutritious chicken recipe. Learn difference in commercial chicken, free range chickens and organic chickens. Chicken preparation instructions. There are different types of chicken on the market. Commercial chicken, Free Range Chicken and Organic Chicken.
- General pinned in cages in cramped conditions
- Feed artificial preservative foods.
- Given hormones
- Given antibiotics
- Exposed to pesticides and herbicides
Free Range Chickens:
- Range free chicken not cages in cramped conditions roam the land.
- Not given hormones
- Not given antibiotic
- Not exposed to pesticides or herbicides.
- Not given artificial food or foods contain preservatives
The most nutritious and healthy chicken is Organic Range Free Chicken.
Chicken’s Nutritional Benefits
- Vitamins B3 and Vitamin B6
- Low in Fats (Chicken Skin has higher levels of Fat.)
- Low in Cholesterol
Chicken is a popular and versatile meat. It is relatively inexpensive, flavors to taste, low in fat and has health benefits. Chicken can be fried, broiled, grilled, baked, boiled and used as a base in stews.
Chicken Preparation: Chicken does requires special handling before cooking.
- Raw Chicken Safety: Raw chicken carries bacteria (including salmonella). Bacteria will rapidly multiple in temperatures 40 °F to 140° F. Keep raw chicken refrigerated or frozen. Refrigeration or freezing chicken does not kill bacteria. The only way the bacteria can be removed is by fully cooking chicken.
- Keep raw chicken isolated. Raw chicken should be placed in seal plastic bag. The bacteria in raw chicken can contaminated with other foods not. Wash hands thoroughly after handling raw chicken before handling other foods and objects.
- Rinse the chicken. If you rinse uncooked chicken sanitize sink and kitchen surfaces after rinsing.
- Thoroughly clean all kitchen surfaces that have come in contact with uncooked chicken.
- Chicken has to be thoroughly cooked. Beef can be eaten rare or medium rare and chicken cannot. Rare or medium rare chicken can facilitate bacterial growth. After cooking chicken cut the thickest part of the chicken to make sure it is not pink.
- Do not leave cooked chicken at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Cooked chicken if handled properly can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Chicken and Egg Salad with Almond Satay Sauce
Paleo Diet Recipe
2 eggs, boiled, cut into quarters
1 chicken breast, steamed and shredded
2 cups rocket leaves
1 carrot, diced
10 cherry tomatoes sliced in 1/2 (optional)
½ green capsicum, diced
1 small white onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup almond butter
¼ cup coconut cream
- To make the almond sauce by placing the oil into a fry pan. Fry onion and garlic on low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add almond butter, coconut cream and soy sauce, stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in a desired amount of chili flakes. Leave to cool slightly and remove excess oil.
- Place chicken, rocket, carrot and capsicum in a mixing bowl and combine well.
- To serve, place rocket salad on a plate with egg quarters and spoon almond sauce on top.
Take control of your health Paleo Diet Recipes. Mother Nature recipes gluten, soy, dairy and preservative free. Low fat and low carbohydrate recipes for optimal health and longevity.
Control Your HealthOrder: Paleo Recipe Cookbooks Paleo Diet Recipes What Is The Paleo Diet?