Paleo Dessert Recipe: Paleo Blueberry Cobbler and Coconut Ice Cream Recipes. What is warm cobbler without a scoop of delicious ice cream? Paleo savory dessert recipes gluten, grain, dairy and soy free. Paleo Yummy Sweets!
Paleo Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or defrosted blueberries (wash and drained)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven 350F degrees
- Slightly oil 8x8 baking dish with olive oil or almond oil
- Dash blueberries with agave nectar
- Place blackberries in baking dish
- Mix almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Combine almond milk, remanding agave nectar and vanilla in blender and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and well ingredients.
- Mix batter well. If dry all small amount of additional almond milk until batter smooth.
- Pour batter on top of blueberries.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Crust should be golden and blackberries bubbling.
- Remove and cool 15 to 30 minutes.
- Serves 4
Paleo Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Dairy milk free ice cream recipe. Coconut milk is plant based and used as dairy alternative in Paleo Diet Recipes.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup honey (orthodox Paleo Diets do not allow honey but used in small amounts in most Paleo Recipes)
- 1 (13.5- ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (13.5- ounce) can regular coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a large bowl, whisk yolks and honey together until blended well about 1 to 2 minutes. Add light and regular coconut milk and whisk again until well combined.
Transfer coconut mixture to a medium pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon, 8 to 10 minutes. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Remove pot from the heat and stir in vanilla.
Transfer contents from pot to bowl chill until cold. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions then transfer to container with lid and freeze until firm.
Freeze for at least 2 hours or more if necessary.
Coconut Milk - Coconut milk is a dairy milk and dairy cream alternative. Coconut milk contains saturated fats. Coconut also contains: calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. There are small amounts of vitamin C and vitamin E. Contains lauric fatty acids which aids in artery blockage. Good milk alternative in quiches, desserts, pies, puddings, custards, cereals and ice cream. New to the market is coconut kefir and yogurt. Coconut kefir/yogurt has good probiotics, naturally fermented. Plain kefir/yogurt has buttermilk taste. Dairy, lactose, soy and gluten free. Coconut milk is a Paleo Recipe friendly cow's milk alternative. Every part of coconut used in Paleo Diet (meat, milk, flour and oils).
The Paleo Diet Discover nutritious, wholesome, healthy and mouthwatering recipes. Paleo Style Cooking.
Paleo Desserts Paleo Nutritious Recipes