Ovation: Ella Rake's First Aid Skills Saved Her Mother From Exploding Ravioli Scars.

Ovation: Ella Rake's First Aid Skills Saved Her Mother From Exploding Ravioli Scars.

Already a Member? Log In to Your Account

Ovation: Ella Rake's First Aid Skills Saved Her Mother From Exploding Ravioli Scars.

Ovation: Ella Rake

I've never taken an official "first aid" course (unless you count having a college roommate in a pre-med program), but I have had quite a bit of on-the-job experience over the years.  I currently keep a First Aid kit in my truck, in my bathroom at home, my desk at the office and in my saddlebag.  I've been lucky and haven't had to use anything more than a Band-Aid.  But knowing that the supplies are handy brings peace of mind to me, my family and my trail riding friends.  Perhaps because I always "fork to vent", I've never been injured by a microwave dinner.

 

Eight-year-old Ella Rake had been learning first aid skills at an after-school club in Kent, England and appears to have been paying close attention.  Having recently learned about burns, Ella knew exactly what to do when her mother's microwaveable dinner exploded in her face.  Her mother was attempting to peel the plastic covering off the packaging of her hot meal when the hot beef ravioli exploded onto her face and chest.

 

Ella told her mother that she needed to get into a cold shower right away.  Her mother was reluctant, at first, but eventually listened to her daughter's suggestion ...

 

Please visit www.DiatribesAndOvations.com for the complete blog post.

  Article Info
Created: Jun 27 2012 at 08:59:32 AM
Updated: Jun 27 2012 at 08:59:32 AM
Category: Medicine
Language: English

  Share
Stumbleupon
Digg
Delicious
Reddit
© 2006-2014 OnToplist.com, All Rights Reserved