Hardwood floorings are one of the easiest types of floors to maintain. Unlike carpets, if you spill something over a hardwood floor, you can simply blot it and have no further problems with it. But even if it is quite easy to clean it, hardwood floorings still need to be taken care of, in order to look new and make your home look beautiful for longer. Here are some tips how to take good care of hardwood floorings:
before you begin with the moping of your hard wood flooring, cleaners Frankston recommend you vacuum or sweep it. This way you will get rid of all the loosen dirt and dust. If you do not do this step now, you will spread around all the dust later, when you mop the floor. The dirt might also scratch the floor, so you'd better vacuum it now.
Most of the dust and grime found on wooden floors is brought from the outside, on shoes. So a good solution for such areas with high traffic are area rugs, throw rugs, or you might consider not wearing shoes at home.
There are, however, some stains that some special treatment, because they can not be removed by only mopping them with water. Here is how to treat some of the most common stains:
- Blood – sponge it with cold water. If it doesn't come out, cleaning Reservoir company suggests you use a mixture of equal parts of ammonia and cold water. Apply it over the stain and blot it with a clean cloth.
- Crayon marks – first try to remove them with mineral spirits. Dampen a cloth and scrub the marks If it doesn't work, use toothpaste and rub it in the stain. Then just wipe it off and the mark will be gone
- Dye - rub with a cloth dampened with a 1:3 solution of bleach and water. Repeat until the stain is gone.
- Fruits – use warm water and a liquid detergent, if they don't help you, use a solution of water and vinegar it will surly do the trick.
- Ink – try with warm water and detergent in it doesn't help, use a cloth dampen in rubbing alcohol. This stain might need some tough rubbing.
After removing the stain, rinse the area with a cloth dampen in some warm water. Then dry the area thoroughly with another dry cloth. Cleaners Brunswick say you should get the floor only as wet as necessary.
If the floor finish has been remove, re-finish with an appropriate finish or some olive oil.