Great Healthy Carrot Cake Recipes
Posted on Jul 9 2012 at 09:25:10 AM in Food & Drink
With healthy carrot cake recipes, you don't have to get something that tastes like sawdust or cardboard. In fact, what you will find is that all of these healthy carrot cake recipes generally taste really good. Look into these two options for recipes and have some great carrot cake that you can try out and that you can eat and know that it is really going to taste good. Most of these recipes drastically reduce the amount of fat, sugar, and calories that are in them so that you don't feel bad about what you are eating and you can eat it on a diet.
Carrot Cake Recipe 1:
1 ¾ cup flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
¼ cup vegetable oil
3 cups carrots, shredded
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
¾ cup raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces neufchatel cheese
2 cups powered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons skim milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease your 9x13 pan with spray or butter and dust lightly with flour.
3. Tap the excess flour out of the pan.
4. Whisk all the flour with the baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
5. Beat the egg, egg whites, brown sugar, and oil. Use an electric mixer and beat until smooth
6. Add the carrots to the mixture and beat for a minute.
7. Add the buttermilk, raisins, pineapple, and beat again.
8. Add to the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
9. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for between 30 and 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick near the middle and make sure it comes out clean.
10. Cool the cake completely on a wire rack.
11. Frost the cake if you want frosting.
12. Store the cake in a pan in the refrigerator.
Carrot Cake Recipe 2:
1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup egg white substitute
1 ¼ cup Splenda
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups of grated raw carrots
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 teaspoons of cinnamom
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 20 oz can of pineapple, put through food processor until basically like applesauce.
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon salt
1 8 oz package of fat free cream cheese
¼ cup Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch salt
1. Mix all of the cake ingredients together and mix till well blended. Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes in a 9x13 pan that is greased.
2. Combine all of the frosting ingredients into the food processor, or blend by hand.
For more tasty HealthyCakeRecipe.com today!