Tired of your slow and outdated dial-up connection? Want to enjoy a better online experience? If you're considering a new ISP service, then surely, you have been presented with broadband internet as a strong option. The question that's probably in your mind right now is: "do I really need broadband internet?"
The short answer: yes, you really need a broadband internet connection.
In this day and age, a broadband connection has become the standard for internet services all over the world. With more than 500 million people worldwide connected online via broadband services, the internet is rapidly changing to accommodate users that are connected via this type of service.
If you really want a comprehensive answer to the question "do I really need broadband internet?," here are 10 reasons that should make you strongly consider this ISP platform:
1. Up to 400 times faster than dial-up. This is the number one advantage of a broadband internet connection over dial-up services. Faster speed opens up a world of benefits for the user, and it saves him more time as he won't have to stay idle while a page loads up or while a download finished.
2. Seamless Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) connection. More and more people are using VoIP as a viable and more affordable alternative to traditional telephone services, especially when it comes to long distance calls. With a broadband internet subscription, VoIP becomes as seamless as a regular phone conversation. Negligible latency and zero lag means that you will hear the other person in real time, without delay, and he will hear you the moment you'll open your mouth to speak.
3. Smoother video streaming. The internet is currently in the age of videos, as 70% of users prefer to watch the information they want to digest instead of reading the same. Also, with services like Netflix, the internet is quickly being transformed as an alternative platform to traditional media devices such as televisions, DVD players, and Blu-Ray machines. With a broadband connection, you'll get to enjoy video streaming services - even at very high resolutions - without any issues.
4. Quick downloads of big files. Do you want to download a file that is more than 500 MB in size? With a broadband connection, you'll be able to download the said file within an hour. Compare this to a dial-up service, where downloading a 500 MB file will take months, assuming of course that the network won't time out by then.
5. Videoconferencing to the next level. Tired of choppy, low resolution displays during your remote meetings? With a broadband connection, you'll be able to view the other party as if they're just there in front of you. Transmission and reception time is quick, and viewing visuals as well as hearing the corresponding audio will be instantaneous.
6. Better online gaming experience. Whether you're playing an FPS or an MMORPG, you'll get to enjoy a superb gaming experience with very low latency.
7. Faster web browsing. This is a given, even for websites that are heavy with graphics, and websites that are presented via Flash animation. Loading time is almost instant.
8. It's always on. Once you turn on your PC, you'll be connected to the internet automatically. No need to log any account details.
9. Fixed rates. Unlike a dial-up service where you are usually charged per hour of usage, you will only be charged a fixed rate for a broadband subscription. It doesn't matter if you use it for an hour or for 24 hours per day, you will end up paying the same amount. This makes broadband internet the perfect option for heavy internet users.
10. Higher bandwidth. Even with simultaneous users connected to the same network, speed will remain stable. Slowdowns, if there will be any, will be very minimal. This is an excellent benefit for businesses that require an internet connection for their staff.
If you're still asking the question "do I really need broadband internet?," then you're focusing on the wrong issue. The question you should be asking is this: "when should I get a broadband subscription?"