Cement Plant,Cement Industry Process
Posted on Nov 20 2011 at 11:46:54 PM in Marketing & Advertising
Cement Production Process,cement mill process
Cement Manufacturing Process
1. The dry cement process consists of many simultaneous and continuous operations using some of the largest moving machinery in manufacturing. Over 5000 sensors and 50 computers allow the entire operation to be controlled by a single operator from a central control room.
2. The limestone is combined with clay, ground in a crusher and fed into the additive silos. Sand, iron and bottom ash are then combined with the limestone and clay in a carefully controlled mixture which is ground into a fine powder in a 2000 hp roller mill.
3. Next, the fine powder is heated as it passes through the Pre-Heater Tower into a large kiln, which is over half the length of a football field and 4.2 metres in diameter. In the kiln, the powder is heated to 1500 degrees Celsius. This creates a new product, called clinker, which resembles pellets about the size of marbles.
4. The clinker is combined with small amounts of gypsum production process, limestone and finely ground in a finishing mill. The mill is a large revolving cylinder containing 250 tonnes of steel balls that is driven by a 4000 hp motor. The finished cement is ground so fine that it can pass through a sieve that will hold water.
5. The cement mill process begins when limestone, the basic raw material used to make cement, is transported by rail to the Edmonton plant from the Cadomin limestone quarry 220 kilometres west of Edmonton.
Cement plant is usually located closely either to hot spots in the market or to areas with sufficient quantities of raw materials. The aim is to keep transportation costs low. Basic constituents for cement (limestone and clay) are taken from quarries in these areas.
Cement ball mill:
Cement ball mill is also named natural material mill, material grinding mill and clinker mill, is key equipment for grinding following the concrete crush process, which can be trusted in the manufacture industries, including cement, silicate, new building materials, refractory material, fertilizer, ferrous metal, nonferrous steel and glass ceramics, etc. Cement ball mill may be used for the dry and wet grinding for all kinds of ores as well as other grind-able materials. Based on different materials and discharging methods, there are dried up cement ball mills and wet ball mills for option.