Caveman Diet Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance
Posted on Jul 19 2011 at 04:22:51 PM in Diet & Nutrition
Losing weight and weight maintenance is a constant battle. The Paleo Diet is not a fad diet or yo-yo diet. Keep in mind this is not an overnight drastic weight loss diet. For weight loss the Paleo Diet is a gradual process for desired weight loss and weight maintenance results. Paleo Diet, Caveman Diet, Stone-Age Diet and Hunt Gatherers Diet are gluten, dairy, soy and preservative free. Foods included are lean red meat, poultry, fish, fresh vegetables and fruits, eggs, nuts, seeds, natural herbs and spices. Foods excluded are potatoes, dairy products, legumes, processed sugar and processed foods. Cavemen ate their foods raw. Potatoes and legumes contain toxins raw and were excluded from the diet. Cavemen and Cavewomen were hunter-gatherers roaming in small groups always looking for food and shelter. The Paleolithic diet kept the Caveman lean and healthy. This nutritious healthy diet has been handed down to Modern Man. Paleo Diet not limited for those with food intolerances but an optimal nutritious diet for the Whole Family. Mother Nature Diet low fat, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, soy free and preservative diet for weight loss, weight maintenance and optimal health.
The Paleo Diet can be restrictive. Some foods allowed in general gluten free, dairy free and weight loss diets are not allowed in the Paleo Diet. Based on your personal preferences a strict or modified Paleo Diet maybe best suited for your health, weight-loss goals and life style.
Paleo Fresh Fruit Salad
This fruit salad combines chopped peaches, strawberries, bananas, blueberries or blackberries and red and green grapes, dressed with a simple fresh lime and pineapple juice dressing. Fruits are seasonal in Winter months may substitute peaches and strawberries with grapefruits, cantaloupe or oranges. Substitute to taste.
- -6 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- -1 pound strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- -1/2 pound seedless green grapes
- -1/2 pound seedless red grapes
- -3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- -1/2 pound blackberries or blueberries (to taste)
- -small amount of honey (topping to taste)
- -juice of one lime
- -1/2 cup pineapple juice
- -1 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine chopped and sliced fruits in a large serving bowl; toss gently.Add small amount of honey to taste. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl or 1 cup measure. Pour dressing mixture over fruit and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill the fruit salad thoroughly before serving.
This fruit salad recipe makes enough to serve about 10 to 12 people.
Paleo Diet’s Vegetable and Fruit Benefits
Vegetables: Vegetables are fibrous. Fibers in vegetables regulate the digestive system, clearer and healthier. High consumption of vegetables prevent irregularity and constipation.
- Leafy green vegetables, broccoli and peppers are full of beta-carotene. Beta-carotenes are full of anti-oxidants and associated with lowering the risk of heart diseases and lung cancer.
- Spinach and whole grain rice will provide the amino acids provided in meats.
- Vegetables have high levels of water. Vegetables are fat free and low in calories. The nutrients in vegetables boost energy production within the muscle cells. Consuming high levels of vegetables healthy lose weight.
Vegetables are low in sodium meaning less water retention.
- Fats in vegetables are unsaturated.
- Cholesterol and triglyceride (fats in the blood) levels dropped with high consumption of vegetables.
Fruits: Citrus fruits, strawberries and other fruits are rich in vitamin A, C and E protectors against a host of ills. These vitamins are important anti-oxidants and protect the body against oxidants. Fruits like vegetables are fibrous helping keep the digestive system regular.
- Phytonutrients are the pigments that make blueberries blue and cranberries red. Recently discovered phytonutrients are powerful antioxidants.
- Cholesterol and triglyceride (fats in the blood) levels dropped with high consumption of fruit.
The USDA recommends at least five servings of fruit daily
Primal Burn - Caveman Natural Weight Loss Program
Weight Loss Naturally - Paleo Recipes Nutrition