7 Ways to Maintain Your Kitchen with Baking Soda
Posted on Aug 9 2011 at 05:41:28 AM in House & Garden
Kitchen is the place, where you store the food and prepare meals for your family. This fact makes it one of the most important rooms of your home, requiring special attention and cares. Therefore, it will be an absurd to not do everything you can to create a clean and healthy atmosphere in your kitchen.
I guess you know that there are some natural products in your kitchen, which you cannot only use for cooking, but for cleaning, too. For an example, some of these green products are often recommended by professional cleaners in London, who also use them in their practice. And one of this multifunctional helpers is the baking soda. So, if you want to find a safe and effective way to maintain your kitchen atmosphere just read the tips below and try some of them in order to realise that cleaning does not always have to be equal to the usage of expensive and toxic cleaning products.
1. To avoid and remove any unpleasant odours, coming from your refrigerator simply place an open box of baking soda in the fridge or freezer. Baking soda is a great absorber that neutralizes different smells and odours quickly and effectively.
2. Also, if you have a problem with smelly garbage can, just sprinkle baking soda onto the bottom of the can. Repeat the procedure after you replace the garbage bag with a new one.
3. To extinguish grease fires, just sprinkle them with baking soda.
4. If you want to make your silver jewellery shiny again, make a paste of 1 part of water and 3 parts of baking soda. Then, rub the paste onto each of the silver items using a clean cloth. Rinse well with warm water and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
5. Just sprinkle baking soda on a damp cloth and wipe clean different surfaces in your home. Rinse well with clean, warm water.
6. If you have problems with smelly food containers, just soak them into a solution of warm water and baking soda. Let them sit over the night. In the morning, rinse the containers with water and dry them with a soft, clean cloth.
7. Professional London cleaners say that you can remove grease spills from the floors, sprinkling baking soda onto them. Then, just wipe with a cloth dampened with warm water. This procedure works for no-wax floors, too.